Bob Iger, chairman and chief executive officer, The Walt Disney Company, participating in a question-and-answer session at the 6th Annual MoffettNathanson Media & Communications Summit.
Certain statements in this presentation may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements such as our business and product plans, the anticipated availability of our content or products, the performance or appeal of our offerings, product pricing and other statements that are not historical in nature. Forward-looking statements may contain words such as “will,” “may,” “expect,” “believe,” “likely,” “anticipate,” similar expressions, and variations or negatives of these words. Forward-looking statements are made on the basis of management’s views and assumptions regarding future events and business performance as of the time the statements are made. Management is not under any obligation, and we expressly disclaim any obligation, to update, alter, or otherwise revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements which speak only as of the date hereof. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied. Such differences may result from actions taken by the Company, including restructuring or strategic initiatives (including capital investments or asset acquisitions or dispositions), as well as from developments beyond the Company’s control, including:
- changes in domestic and global economic conditions, competitive conditions and consumer preferences;
- adverse weather conditions or natural disasters;
- health concerns;
- international, political, or military developments; and
- technological developments.
Such developments may affect entertainment, travel and leisure businesses generally and may, among other things, affect:
- the performance of the Company’s theatrical and home entertainment releases;
- the advertising market for broadcast and cable television programming;
- demand for our products and services;
- expenses of providing medical and pension benefits;
- income tax expense;
- performance of some or all company businesses either directly or through their impact on those who distribute our products; and
- achievement of anticipated benefits of the recent transaction with 21st Century Fox.
Additional factors are set forth in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 29, 2018 under Item 1A, “Risk Factors” and subsequent reports.